November 8 to November 10
This weekend’s events in Clarington include:
- “The Shops of Trinity Village Bazaar” at Trinity United Church, 116 Church Street in Bowmanville – Saturday, from 9AM to 2PM. Trinity Church’s annual Christmas bazaar features jewellery, handicrafts, preserves, home baking, Christmas decorations, gift items, a silent auction, and a lunch room. New this year is a nursery service, so that Mum can shop undistracted, while the little ones have some fun of their own.
- the CWI Christmas Bazaar at St. Joseph’s Church, 127 Liberty Street South, Bowmanville – Saturday, 11AM to 2PM
- Ste. Therese Christmas Bazaar, St. Therese Church, 3800 Courtice Road North, Courtice – Saturday, from 10AM to 2PM
- “Christmas with the Alpacas” Open House at One Stop Alpacas, 1857 Durham Road 3, Concession Road 8, Enniskillen – Friday and Saturday 10AM to 5PM, Sunday 11AM to 4PM (each weekend in November as well). Tour the property in a tranquil setting, watch the alpacas pronk and play; the farm store will be open for some retail therapy or to find that unique Christmas gift for that special person on your list. It is a festive celebration, the free cider is on, come get some country fresh air. Open Christmas Eve as well for that last minute gift 9-3pm (or later if you need).
- Pancake Breakfast sponsored by the Kendal Lions Club, at the Kendal Community Centre – Sunday, 9AM to 2PM
Don’t forget the Remembrance Day Services:
- Saturday, November 9 – Newtonville Cenotaph, at 10:30AM
- Sunday, November 10 – parade will form up at Orono Oddfellow & Rebekah Hall at 1:15PM and march to Orono Cenotaph
- Monday, November 11 – Newcastle Cenotaph, at 10:30AM
- Monday, November 11 – parade will form up at Bowmanville Legion at 10AM and march to Bowmanville Cenotaph