November 28 to December 1
Before checking out this weekend’s events, get a cuppa and find a comfortable chair – because it’s a long list …..
- CP Holiday Train at the Scugog/Wellington Streets Crossing, Bowmanville (south side of track). Train arrives at 6:30PM on Thursday, November 28th www.cpr.ca/en/in-your-community
- Courtice Christmas Tree Lighting at Whitecliffe Terrace, 1460 Highway 2, Courtice, on Thursday, November 28th at 6:30PM
- Annual Christmas Open House at Newcastle Home Decor, 80 King Avenue East, Newcastle, on Thursday November 28th from 6 to 9 PM www.newcastlehomedecor.net
- Christmas in Clarington Country at various locations in Enniskillen, Bowmanville, Tyrone and Newcastle, from Friday, November 29th to Sunday, December 1st, 10AM to 5PM. http://www.thesprucetree.com/christmasinclarington.html. Pick up a map of this shopping tour at the Tourism Office, 181 Liberty Street South, Bowmanville
- Christmas in Newcastle, Open House Event at Health Soaps Bath & Body, 98 Mill Street South, Newcastle, on Friday, November 29th from 10AM to 11PM http://www.healthysuds.com/
- “County West” performs at Trinity United Church, 116 Church Street, Bowmanville, on Friday, November 29th at 7:30PM. Tickets 905-623-3138
- Orono Santa Claus Parade, downtown Orono, on Saturday, November 30th starting at 10:30AM http://visitorono.com
- Breakfast with Santa, at the Newcastle Community Hall, King Avenue, Newcastle, on Saturday, November 30th from 8AM to11AM http://www.newcastle.on.ca
- A Country Christmas in Solina at Solina Hall, Concession 6 (Conlin Road) and Solina Road, on Saturday, November 30th from 10AM to 4:30PM http://mamishoppes.blogspot.ca
- 1st Annual Holiday Sale (proceeds to Clarington Tiger Cats Football Club) at the Garnet Rickard Centre, Saturday, November 30th from 9AM to 6PM. http://claringtontigercats.com
- First Annual Christmas Open House at Silly Sisters Antique Emporium, 5324 Main Street, Orono, on Saturday November 30th from 10AM to 6PM, and Sunday December 1st, 10AM to 5PM www.sillysistersantiques.com
- First Annual Christmas Open House at Butternut Mercantile and Coffee Parlour, 5423 Main Street, Orono, on Saturday November 30th from 10AM to 6PM, and Sunday December 1st, 11AM to 5PM here
- Christmas Open House at Patriot Antiques, 5283 Main Street, Orono, on Saturday November 30th from 10AM to 5PM www.patriotantiques.net
- Christmas Open House, with live entertainment, at the Port of Newcastle Marina. Call 905-987-5251
- Christmas with the Alpacas Open House at One Stop Alpacas, 1857 Durham Road 3, Concession Road 8, Enniskillen. This is the last weekend for the open house – Friday and Saturday, November 29th and 30th from 10AM to 5PM, and Sunday, December 1st from 11AM to 4PM. http://1stopalpacafarm.com
- Christmas Bazaar and Home Show at Kingsway Arms Clarington Centre, 65 Clarington Boulevard, Bowmanville, on Saturday, November 30th from 9AM to 2PM
- Lego Mania at the Sarah Jane Williams Heritage Centre, 62 Temperance Street, Bowmanville, Saturday, November 30th from 10AM to noon. Please call 905-623-2734 to pre-register
- Sports Day in Canada, includes free activities for the whole family! Newcastle & District Recreation Complex, 1780 Rudell Road, Newcastle, Saturday, November. 1:30PM to 4:30PM. Demonstrations, Artist, Fitness Trainers. Free Public Swim 2PM to 4PM with non-perishable food donation. Call 905-987-5667 2PM to 4PM Details
- CGHA Midget AA Girls vs Chinese National Olympic Hockey Team at the Garnet Rickard Arena, Pad A, on Sunday, December 1st at 3PM
- Breakfast with Santa at the Newtonville Community Hall, 21 Church Lane, Newtonville, on Sunday December 1st from 9AM to noon. For advance tickets contact firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/NewtonvilleHall
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Ina Brown Parkette, Newtonville, on Sunday, November 30th at 6:30PM. http://www.newtonville.ca/treelighting2013.php
- 1st Annual Courtice Santa Claus Parade, on Sunday, December 1st starting at 10:30AM http://www.cbot.ca/courticesantaclausparade
- Clarington Community Christmas Party, at Clarington Beech Centre, 26 Beech Avenue, Bowmanville, on Sunday, December 1st from 1PM to 3PM http://www.cbot.ca/christmas
- “A Gift of Christmas” Christmas Show at the Newcastle Community Hall, Newcastle, on Sunday, December 1st from 10AM to 4PM https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Gift-of-Art/335204821344.
Plan ahead for:
- Letters to Santa, (for ages 3-5, registration required),10:30AM to 11:30AM at Clarington Public Library branches. Tuesday, December 3rd at Bowmanville 905 623 7322; Wednesday, December 4th at Newcastle 905 987 4844; and Thursday, December 5th at Courtice 905 404 0707.
- T.H.E.E. 14th Annual Farmers Christmas Parade of Lights on Wednesday, December 4th, with an estimated time of arrival in Enniskillen of 6PM. Here are last year’s details http://clarington.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/t-h-e-e-parade/.
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TourismClarington for more event info
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/clartourism #onlyinClarington
Or, download to our FREE Mobile App, and have all the details available as you travel around Clarington http://m.clarington-tourism.ca
For more information on events in Clarington, please contact us at 1-855-779-1923, or email@example.com