Events for the weekend of December 5 to December 8
Well, we’ve officially turned the calendar corner, and will be crashing into Christmas in less than 3 weeks! Families all across Clarington are sharing time, traditions and treats with one another. We hope this list helps you and your loved ones discover your own way of celebrating the season upon us!
- Letters to Santa, With Clarington Public Library – Courtice Branch. Thursday, December 5th (for ages 3-5, registration required),10:30am to 11:30am 905 404 0707
- Ladies Day at Van Belle Garden Centre – 1979 Hwy 2, Bowmanville. Thursday December 5th – Great savings all day long, and wonderful delights from King’s Court Catering from 4 – 8 pm. This is a shopping event that you do not want to miss!
- Christmas Moonlight Magic in Historic Downtown Bowmanville. Friday December 6th – Featuring the Christmas Tree-lighting Ceremony! Usher in the Holiday season with this very popular festival. Come experience a Historic Downtown Christmas. Countdown to lighting of the town’s huge Christmas tree. Stop and listen to carollers sing, have your picture taken with Santa and his Live Reindeer. A great time to Christmas shop, as participating downtown stores remain open late and many have sales for the evening. This festival is enjoyed by many families!
- Edwardian Christmas Open House Friday December 6th – This popular annual event is following downtown Bowmanville’s traditional tree lighting ceremony.The Museum will be glittering with traditional yule tide decorations and our costumed Tour Guides will offer you a completely candlelit glimpse into Edwardian Christmas traditions at Bowmanville Museum (37 Silver Street, Bowmanville). Step in for Christmas cookies, crafts and hot beverages at the Sarah Jane Williams Heritage Centre – the perfect way to warm up while you take part in Historic Down town Bowmanville’s tree-lighting events! 7:00pm until 9:00pm
- Orono Tree Lighting and Moonlight Madness, Downtown Orono. Friday, December 6, 6:30pm Bonnie Wilson of Merry Melodies will be the MC for the evening. Lighting of the Christmas Tree at 6:30.
Kids will be able to pickup a colouring contest picture for a chance to win a stocking filled with great items! The winner will be announced Wednesday December 18 in the Orono Times. Rumour is Santa may even be there….. So please Join us for an evening of music and hot chocolate. This event is brought to you by the Orono DBIA and Orono Town Hall.
- Newcastle Public School Christmas Market – 50 Glass Court, Newcastle. Friday Dec 6th – A fun holiday event for the whole family! Come out and see the collection of vendors with hand-crafted items and other gift ideas for unique Christmas shopping. Enjoy hot drinks, home-baking, raffles, live music, pick out a fresh-cut Christmas tree and more! 3:40pm to 8:00pm https://www.facebook.com/events/522520851177935/
- The Animals Gift Holiday Performance – The Bowmanville Zoo, 340 King Street East, Bowmanville. Dec 7th & 8th Matinee Performances (throught to Dec 31st)
“Come celebrate the season with the animals from the Bowmanville Zoo, as they present The Animals Gift. This live theatrical performance is a multicultural event that displays the historical relationship amongst humans and animals throughout this festive period.
Travel back in time through the holiest of seasons, as seen through the eyes, and felt in the hearts of the animals of our planet. As the world tenderly sleeps, the wild creatures of field and forest come forward to rejoice and celebrate in the wonder of this festive season.
Come and share with our animals, their gifts to us. and share with our animals their gifts to us.”
- Chocolate Nativity Workshop at A Gift Of Art – 187 King Avenue East, Newcastle. Saturday Decemeber 7th -Get in the spirit of the holidays in this Christmas Chocolate Workshop! Everyone will be making their own tasty chocolate nativity scene to bring home and enjoy. Cost $22.50 members $27.00 non members Sat 10:30 – noon
- Breakfast With Santa – Orono Town Hall – 5315 Main Street, Orono. Saturday December 7th -The 12th Annual Breakfast with Santa. Doors open at 9:00am tickets available at the door.You don’t need to be a kid to attend. Everyone welcome!
- Breakfast With Santa – With the YMCA-Ontario Early Years. Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex, 2440 Hwy 2, Bowmanville. Saturday December 7 with 2 seatings 9am-11am and 12pm-2pm. Help send a kid to camp! Call for tickets to 905-697-3171
- Santa’s Workshop at the Courtice Flea Market –1696 Bloor Street, Courtice. December 7th and 8th -Santa Photos, Santa Letters, Create your own decorations and Story Telling are all part of Santa’s Workshop- FREE
- Christmas At St. Joes St. Joseph’s Catholic Church- 127 Liberty Street South, Bowmnaville. Sunday December 8 -2:00p.m The Clarington Concert Band welcomes the Christmas Season with its Annual Concert.
In addition to the band, the ever-popular singer, songwriter and actor, Danny Bronson, is back for the 5th year in a row. Fr. Paul Massel, remembered for his years as a performer in the Toronto production of Phantom of the Opera, will again team up with Danny for some stirring duets and singer Liza Heitzner brings her voice to some special arangements of Christmas standards with the band. Fr. Andrew Ayala of Cobourg will perform his unique Spanish, flamenco style Christmas music on guitar and rounding out the program will be the vocal group Youth on Fire from St. Stephens Secondary School.Tickets have now gone on sale at the Church Office, $10 each for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased by calling 905-623-3233 or 905-697-8956. Tickets will also be on sale at the door but based on last year’s sell-out crowd this is not a guarantee so secure your seating early.
- Eagles Silent Auction for BBBSC – Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex, 2440 Hwy 2, Bowmanville. Sunday December 8th, 5:50pm to 9:00pm. The Eagles are hosting a silent auction to raise awareness and funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarington. Lots of great items will be available! Puck drops at 6:50pm
- Courtice Lions Craft Show and Kids Skate Free South Courtice Arena, 1595 Prestonvale Road, Courtice. Sunday December 8th – Craft Show 12:00 – 4:30pm. Kids skate Free from 1:30pm to 3:15pm. Skate with Santa and Mrs. Claus!
- Fun Trivia Night Newcastle Community Hall –Friday, December 6 – 7pm Tickets: $10.
- Heather Rebekah Lodge #334. Annual Bazaar, Orono Saturday, December 7 11am – 2pm. Lunch $5
- Christmas Bazaar. St. Francis of Assisi Hall, Newcastle. Saturday, December 7 11am – 2pm.
- Annual Turkey Dinner by Kendal Orange Lodge. Kendal United Church. Sunday, December 8 – Dinner Served from 5pm through 7pm.
- “Christmas Tree Hunting in Clarington” – Here is a link via DurhamRegion.com with acres of fresh, local Ontario Chrismas Tree Growers in our Municipality-
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TourismClarington for more event info
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/clartourism #onlyinClarington
Or, download to our FREE Mobile App, and have all the details available as you travel around Clarington http://m.clarington-tourism.ca
For more information on events in Clarington, please contact us at 1-855-779-1923, or firstname.lastname@example.org