… and we thought we would take a break from these posts, as there wouldn’t be much to do in Clarington after the Christmas rush. Boy, were we fooled! Here’s a summary of what is going on for the rest of the month:
- January 11 – Apres Ski Party at Brimacombe
Brimacombe is excited to be holding the first Apres Ski of 2014 on Saturday, January 11! Wrap up a wonderful day on the slopes with warmth, friends, and food. Enjoy live music with musician Sean Roberts in the East Chalet, food specials in the cafeteria, and grab a drink at our cash bar! Apres Ski will run from 2:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.There are absolutely no tickets required and no admission charge, so make sure to bring your friends and family! Brimacombe will also be giving away prizes that you won’t want to miss!
- January 12 – New Year’s Levee the Municipal Administrative Centre – Council Chambers, 40 Temperance Street, Bowmanville, 1-3 PM
- January 11/12 – Clarington Girls Hockey Association – Flamefest Tournament continues at the Garnet Rickard Centre in Bowmanville
- January 18 – first of three “Rail Jam” at Brimacombe Ski Hill
- January 19 – Annual Chili Dinner at Newtonville Hall http://www.newtonville.ca/2014AnnualChiliDinner.php
- January 21 – “Curator Talks” by Charles Taws at the Clarington Museums and Archives http://www.claringtonmuseums.com/
- January 25 – Family Cross Country and Snowshoeing Day at the Ganaraska Forest Centre http://www.ganaraskaforestcentre.ca/NewsAndEvents.html
- January 25 – Muai Thai Tournament at the Garnet Rickard Arena
- January 26 – “Art from the High Schools Show” opens at the Visual Arts Centre, and continues to February 16th
- January 29 – Blood Donor Clinic at the Garnet Rickard Centre – “it’s in you to give.”
Brookside Cottage (near Tyrone) is offering morning or afternoon birdwatching tours – but please give Corinne a call first at 905 263 4285.
Keep busy – and avoid the winter blahs!