With February now upon us, many find themselves with an added amount of excitement. By now, our favourite animal meteorologist has announced an early spring or late winter, and love is in the air with Valentine’s Day just around the corner.
This year, February 14th falls on a Sunday followed by Family Day on the 15th – an extra long weekend and a chance to enjoy some of the most romantic experiences in Clarington.
Get Planning! Here are some of our most loved ideas for you and your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day:
- Dinner on the Town – What could be more iconic than taking your loved ones out for a romantic dinner? Luckily, Clarington has many options for you to choose! Whether it’s an intimate dinner night at Three Six Kitchen & Lounge located in Historic Downtown Bowmanville, or a night out with friends at the Old Newcastle House Taps & Grill in Newcastle, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste. Check out their specialised menus featuring savoury staples such as Prime Rib, 8 oz. flat ironed steak and sweet treats such as New York Style Cheesecake – need we say more? Reservations encouraged. Call desired restaurant for more info.
- Celebrate Cupid Early – Surprise your Valentine with an early Valentine’s Day dinner at the Fire Hall Bistro in Orono on February 12 & 13th. The love themed menu includes mouth watering dishes such as Maple Glazed Salmon and Crème Brûlée.
- Dinner and Dancing – Want the dinner, but looking for something more? Rolling Acres located on Taunton Road in Clarington is featuring a Dinner & Dance this Valentine’s. Tickets on sale now, please call for more information.
- Take a Romantic Hike along our many Trails – What could be more romantic than taking a stroll with the one you love along a beautiful stretch of Clarington’s lakefront, or our beautiful conservation areas? Sip a warm beverage and hold hands while enjoying the natural beauty of the outdoors. Let Mother Nature set the romantic scene; you just have to bring your date.
- Unwind and Reconnect at the Spa – Enchanted Hands Day Spa located in Bowmanville has some Valentine’s Day packages that will help you and your sweetheart enjoy the moment and each other’s company. From a couples massage to a Champagne and Rose Body Scrub, a relaxing afternoon awaits you. For more information and to book your spot, contact Enchanted Hands at 905-623-9836.
- Enjoy the Slopes at Brimacombe – Don’t let the warmer temperatures fool you – Clarington’s premier ski resort, Brimacombe, is very much open and covered in snow. Take your date (or family) out for a day of skiing or snowboarding. Not sure how to ski? No worries! Brimacombe offers lessons, rental equipment and a warm chalet with delicious quick-serve food to help motivate and encourage you.
- Go Antiquing – Visit the Courtice Flea Market – The Courtice Flea Market is hosting its annual “Sweetheart Sunday” on Valentine’s Day. Stroll the market and find an array of hidden treasures and chances to win prizes throughout the day.
- Take in some Arts & Culture – The Visual Arts Centre of Clarington is located in Bowmanville in the historic old Cream of Barley Mill. Rich with history, and artistic talent, the red-bricked building is situated alongside Soper Creek. After appreciating the art of the 58th Annual Juried Art Exhibition and Sale, leisurely walk through a beautifully landscaped path running through the grounds.
- Take a Romantic Drive along A Country Path – A Country Path is a self-guided tour that runs throughout the countryside of Clarington and offers a beautiful setting for a romantic drive. While driving, stop in at Tyrone Mills and pick up some delicious treats, or finish your journey at Tetra Kitchen and Vines for a romantic evening dinner date.
- Stay a night at one of Clarington’s B&B’s – Clarington boasts many beautiful bed and breakfasts throughout our community. Whether you’re looking for a romantic evening in the country or one which includes exotic animals at Jungle Cat World, you’re sure to find the perfect place to spend some quality time with the one you love.
These are only some of the many options to pick from. For more ideas visit our Tourism Information Centre located at 181 Liberty Street South in Bowmanville, or give our team a call with questions. We are open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 905-623-4356.