If you’re in Clarington visiting, or a local resident looking for fun, try a night out on the town. You are sure to find something that will spark your interest!
Here are some ideas to get your evening started:
- Shooters & Shots: Play the billiards at Shooters & Shots, let loose with karaoke, or sit back and enjoy some quality time with friends.
- Live Music: Our local pubs hold that small town friendly feel that will introduce you to new friends and reconnect you with old ones. Some pubs, like The Courtyard, The Snug, and The Village Inn host karaoke and live music! We also have other outlets for live music, such as the Friday Night Concert at the Orono Fair!
- A Local Brewery: Not only does Manantler Craft Brewery have delicious freshly brewed craft beer, but every weekend you can enjoy a live band with your cold beer.
- Patios & Restaurants: Soak in our breeze while sipping on your favourite drink at our local patios! Try a new restaurant such as Tetra Kitchen and Lounge, Fire Hall Bistro, or Castle John’s!
- Fishing: Evening fishing will guarantee a good catch. Pick up our fishing map at the Tourism Office or check it out Online!
8 teen-focused ideas for when you’re looking for a fun evening out in Clarington:
- Youth Centre: The Firehouse Youth Centre is a drop-in recreational facility for youth between the ages of 12-19. They are open Tuesday to Friday from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. This is a FREE facility that offers pool tables, basketball courts, hockey nets, videogames, and more! They also have events going on everyday.
- Movies: Catch a Movie at Cineplex Odeon in Bowmanville offers ½ price Tuesdays. Enjoy your favourite flick for only $6 every Tuesday!
- Ice Cream: The Enniskillen General Store sell BIG SCOOPS of Kawartha Dairy ice cream at great prices. Selling 40 flavours to select from, you’re sure to find something you like in this historical Enniskillen store! They also offer drinks, ice, gifts, crafts, and local honey. Open everyday this summer from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- Skate Parks: The municipality has four skate parks. These skate parks have been home to some popular skateboarders, such as, Rob Pyontek and Jordan Bandula. For all your retail skateboarding needs, check out our local shop S.O.S.-Boardz in Bowmanville.
- Cake Decorating: Located in the Bowmanville Bulk Barn, Owner of Bella Torta and Wilton Method Instructor will show you step by step how to create your next dessert masterpiece!
- Art: What’s better than enjoying good food while unleashing your creative side? Check out the Paint Nite at Boston Pizza or That’s My Spot in Bowmanville! Or check out the art classes at Janet Lange.
- Escape Room: Clarington’s first escape room, The Panic Room. An immersive themed escape room game, different than anything you have ever experienced. Open until 12 a.m. from Wednesday to Saturday, and open until 10 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Events: Always be sure to check out our local events to find join in on some of the fun near you!
Be sure to stop by the Tourism Office, located at 181 Liberty Street South in Bowmanville. The Tourism Team is here to help you plan. We’re open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday!